What types of release forms does PoweredTemplate accept?
We recommend using the PoweredTemplate release forms, which can be downloaded from the links below:
For Models and Property releases, we also accept English release forms from the following agencies:
- American Society of Media Photographers
- Easy Release (default release)
Generic model release forms not associated with a company must be in English and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Model release requirements
Adult Model Release Requirements
An adult model release is required for persons 18 years of age and over.
Contributor information (photographer or artist):
- Full name
- This name must match the “Billing information” name in your Tax Center account, whether it’s an individual photographer name or a business name.
- If the contributor account belongs to a business, include the name of the photographer/videographer and the business name (e.g. your full name / ABC Photography or your full name shooting for ABC Photography).
- If your name has changed since the release was signed, add a note on the release stating that you had a legal name change.
- Only one contributor is permitted on a release.
- Full name
- Full address
- Date of birth
- Signature and date
Minor Model Releases Requirements
A minor model release is required for persons under 18 years of age. Minor model releases have all the same requirements as adult model releases (see above) plus the additional requirements listed below:
- The model’s date of birth must list the month, day, and year; “minor” is not an acceptable date of birth.
- The model’s parent/guardian must sign and date the release. Include the parent’s/guardian’s name if applicable.
- Nudes, partial nudes, and suggestive, or sexualized imagery of minors, even if minors are fully clothed, are unacceptable and will be rejected, even if a release is signed by a parent/guardian.
- Information may be typed or printed and must be clear, legible, and accurate.
- Releases cannot be altered (e.g., correction fluid, correction tape, strikethroughs, digital alterations, etc.)
- Separate model releases are required for each recognizable person in an image or clip.
- Multiple releases cannot be submitted in one pdf file. Each release must be uploaded separately.
- Releases must be one page only. Releases that are multiple pages are unacceptable.
- The number of model release attachments should match the number of models in the content. For example, an image with five models should have five model release attachments, not seven. Submitting content with unnecessary release attachments may result in an Unnecessary Release rejection.
- For self-portraits, the photographer must sign as both the contributor and the model. Someone else must be the witness.
- Modeling or talent agencies are not authorized to sign on behalf of a model or as a minor’s parent/guardian.
- Only Gregorian calendar dates can be used (i.e. March 15, 2015).
- Visual references cannot cover any text or information on the release.
If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch with our support team.