How do I use the print slides to print handouts?
- For Color Printer:
- Select the slide(s) you want to print from your presentation.
- Click “Format” menu and select “Background”.
- Under “Background Fill”, click the down arrow, “Fill Effects”, then click the “Picture” tab.
- Click “Select Picture”, find the folder with the print slide you want, and then click the file name, and click “OK”.
- To apply changes to the current slide, click “Apply”. For all the slides, click “Apply To All”.
- For B/W Printer:
The directions below start out by making a copy of your presentation. This way you will have one copy for presenting and one copy used strictly for printing.
- Click the “File” menu and select “Save As…”
- Create a new name for this copy of your presentation (like: my_presentation_copy.pot) and push “OK”.
- Click the “View” menu and select “Master” and then select “Slide Master”.
- Click the “Insert” menu then select “Picture” then select “From File”.
- Select the file ending with “_3.jpg” (example: Turquoise_3.jpg) and click “OK”.
- Select the image (by clicking on it) and then click the top icon in the Drawing Toolbar (draw icon) and select “Arrange” and then select “Send To Back”.
- Now you can “Print” and “Save” this file.
You now have a copy of your presentation you can use strictly for printing on a black and white printer.